Homophobe and Republican AG Candidate Doug Wardlow Continues to Support Hate Group
August 29, 2018
I wanted to be sure you saw this article about Doug Wardlow, the Republican candidate for Attorney General in Minnesota.
The article rightfully labels Wardlow as Minnesota’s ‘throwback homophobic candidate’ due to his consistent history of attacking LGBTQ people and attempting to undermine policies that benefit equal rights for the LGBTQ community.
For the last four years, Wardlow has served as legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, a well-known anti-LGBTQ hate group that:
- Supports the recriminalization of homosexuality in the U.S. and criminalization abroad
- Defends state-sanctioned sterilization of trans people abroad
- Links homosexuality to pedophilia
- Claims that a “homosexual agenda” will destroy Christianity and society
Wardlow continues to list the ADF as his employer on Linkedin and has attacked LGBTQ communities on his own including:
- Testifying against allowing trans students to use the restroom of their choice and celebrating the firing of a trans employee for her attire
- Calling the Supreme Court decision on marriage equality a “totalitarian impulse”
- Defending the ADF as “a fantastic organization that stands up for our most important constitutional rights”
Of course, the Republican Attorneys General Association wasted no time in throwing blind support behind Wardlow in Minnesota, calling him a candidate who “will always put Minnesota first”—unless you identify as LGBTQ , that is.
Minnesotans have the opportunity to vote against Wardlow’s hateful agenda this November. Doug Wardlow’s continued close ties with the ADF and his history of supporting outdated and often violent anti-LGTBQ policies do not put Minnesota first—and they have no place in the office of the Minnesota Attorney General.